Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Feet meet blacktop

I was not a runner growing up .. I played soccer and swam both competitively and that was good enough for me! I ran for the track team for 2 years but it got in the way of soccer so I quickly gave it up.   
I have always enjoyed sprints .. I was a keeper in soccer so I wasn't constantly running but more so short quick sprints. 

In the past few months I've really started to enjoy running! I think it's because I am a competitive person and running allows me to be competitive with myself by setting new PRs and also be competitive with others in races!

Another friend of mine is the same way! Check out Lindsay over at Growing up Khan! https://growingupkhan.wordpress.com/2014/06/17/most-likely-to-hate-running-me/

She is actually the inspiration behind this post. Lindsay was my supervisor one summer while I was working at the pool and every day I would pass her while she ran to work and I drove. I didn't know that she actually hated running!!  It's nice to know another mom is in the same boat as me.. Getting up early to get that run in and hating it! 

I, after years of attempting to get into running, FINALLY ENJOY IT!!!

I enjoy it so much I was willing to ask my parents and husband to take a week out of their busy schedules to join me at Disney World in February all so I could run the first race on my bucket list- Princess Half Marathon!!!

I am really happy and lucky that they all said yes without hesitation! Today is actually the big registration day and from all the blogs and Facebook posts I found out that the race sells out extremely fast like within an hour!! I was worried about being able to resister because we have camp visiting during the time registration opens.  After discussing things with my family I decided to run for a charity! I looked over the different charities and one really stood out - Noah's Light Foundation. 

I will be running with Team Noah and fundraising to help find a cure for children's brain cancer! Having 2 young girls myself I find myself worrying about what if a lot.. What if they get sick? What if it's something horrible? What if.. 

Over the next few days I will be working on my fundraising page and I will be doing a post about this amazing charity! I will also be taking another page from Lindsay's blog - running bucket list!!  I honestly never thought to create one as I didn't really think much about races or traveling for them, but now I have a few races I would LOVE to run!! 
The first on this list is the Princess Half Marathon!!

I hope you will all join me on this journey!

Xo's 

No comments:

Post a Comment