Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Elizabeth Joy...

Well here is it .. Elizabeth's birth story. I have been hesitating about writing thing because 
1. Do people really want the details?
and
2. Do I really want to share it?

Well after some thinking I realized over the course of my pregnancy I read ALOT of birth stories, mostly about second children, then last week it became more about being induced.. So if other people's stories helped me then why not share ours!

It really all started last Monday March 3rd, We went for the 1st of our weekly appointments and the doctor said everything is good and the baby is super super low. After we talked about hockey for abit (Ya our doctor is pretty awesome.. huge Rangers fan and had drove to Montreal that weekend for Habs vs Toronto) anyways, after that conversation I brought up being induced because of the infection I had and the severe amount of pain I was in from that and also from the position of the baby. 
Dr. Berck decided that because of everything and the fact I would be 39 weeks on Thursday it would be ok. So we left our appointment knowing we would be getting a phone call with our day and time to head to the hospital.

We found out on Tuesday that we would need to be at the hospital at 7am on Thursday March 6th. It suddenly hit us that we would be meeting out 2nd little one that day! 
Wednesday was spent enjoying the last day with only one child, we took Madison to school and headed to Buy Buy Baby to pick up a few last minute things we needed. After that it was all about Madison for the rest of the day!
We dropped Madison off at Chris' parents and Chris and I headed to "The Cabin" for dinner!

Thursday morning came up pretty fast (helped that we both got a great sleep), we were up and out the door by 6:20am! Once we got to the hospital, they started me on an IV and told us the doctor would be in at 8 to check everything and we would be starting the pitocen, and then there would be NO turning back!

At about 8:20am the started the pitocen drip, I was feeling great, had some painful contractions but nothing really serious. I was trying to sleep a little before I needed to do some work. During all this Chris had to run home because our thermostat was telling us it was offline .. so we had to make sure it was working since our dog was home all day!
He came back and was hoping that there had been some progress but nope, nothing. Around 1130 I decided to get my epidural, not because of pain but because I was still feeling good enough to sit still for it! At 12:15pm the doc broke my water. I thought things would pick up at that point but NOPE! Still the same as I was at 8am. I was starting to get a little worried this was never going to happen, or I would be sitting there for hours!

At 3pm I was still not progressing, our doc and nurse both said this baby would be born between 3 and 4 so I was certain they were wrong but they kept saying no, it would be soon.

To my surprise my parents showed up at 3:35pm, they said they would try to make it but couldn't promise it would be that day but they said they would come friday. So I was very happy to see them. Around the same time the nurse came in and put me on oxygen because the baby's heart rate was dropping with each contraction. At 3:50 I told the nurse I was feeling pressure so my parents left the room so I could be checked and sure enough it was Go Time! 

Suddenly I was not so ready for this to happen, all day I had been waiting for those words "its time to push" but now that it was finally hear the memories of Madison's birth suddenly came flooding back, I remembered the pain and the 2 hours I pushed.

At around 3:55 it all started, I pushed about 12 times and at 4:17pm our little Lady was born!
Elizabeth Joy
6lbs 6oz 19 1/2inches.


 Chris called his parents when we found out it was time to push and he was texting his mom between pushes to tell them to hurry, little did we know that in the short drive (25min) they baby would already be born! Chris waited to go tell my parents about the baby until his parents and Madison were there. 
Madison was the first to come in and see her baby sister, her reaction was priceless "Elizabeth so cuuuttteee"
First family picture




Madison was so in love with her little sister, we all are. 
Elizabeth is a mini Madison, she looks just like her sister, except Elizabeth's hair is slightly darker.







This is as we were about to leave the hospital, we had another wonderful experience at Northern Westchester Hospital. All of our nurses were incredible, they were so nice and helpful and super knowledgable! I would recommend this hospital to anyone! Since having Madison they updated all the beds, and the menu, seriously best hospital food I have ever had!


The past week has been such a joy, it had its tough moments, such as the first night home (no sleep) and trying to keep Madison from feeling like she is left out. It has been and will continue to be a learning experience, its tough BUT its worth it!

Thank you to everyone for your congratulatory messages and phone calls!
Off to spend some time with my almost 1 week old!

And since the weekly bumpdate posts are done, I have decided to do something a little different each week on Thursdays. 
Stay tuned to see what I've got in store!

xo's

No comments:

Post a Comment