Saturday, March 31, 2012

Oh Canada...

Hey everyone!
This past week has been an emotional roller coaster, and I cannot begin to thank people enough for all their prayers and support. If you didn't know.. my Oma had a heart attack last friday and was taken to the Ottawa Heart Institute while she waited for a valve replacement, well I am happy to say the surgery was performed yesterday with great success!! 
Upon hearing about my Oma I wasted no time getting things ready so Madison and I could go up to Canada to be with my family. We left early Saturday morning and returned Thursday afternoon. It was a fast, short but much needed trip. We were lucky that the nurses allowed me to bring Madison in to see my grandmother. One good thing about this trip was WE GOT TO SEE MY FAMILY :)
Living 6 hours away from my parents and brothers is tough at times and now with Madison it's even tougher, as we would like my family to be able to see her grow and change. We use Facetime ALOT!  While we were home we got to see Uncle Brett play in the Annual Midget Hockey Tournament in Prescott, and I also travelled to Belleville with my dad to see Uncle Ryan & the Ottawa 67's play game 4 of their playoff series. The outcome of both games wasn't great. :( Maybe I am bad luck. We also got to have lunch and hang out with Uncle Ryan. Ryan lives about 45 min from my parents and with his hockey schedule its hard to find time to meet up, but lucky us we saw him twice! Madison was very happy she got to spend time with both her uncles. Its funny watching them interact with Madison, she looks like a doll when they hold her! I also got to finally introduce Madison to my Aunt Claudia, Uncle Mark and Aunt Judy. 
We made some time to meet up with my friends as well! I was so happy to meet Khloe my friend Cara's 1.5month old! She is adorable! Its great to know that in a few years that when Madison goes to Canada she will already have a friend.  
BUT we all know you really just came to the blog to see pictures of our little one.. so here we go!
Uncle Brett feeding Madison before heading to Ottawa

Getting ready for my dinner!


Uncle Brett.. Last game of the season.


Playing in my NEW exersaucer!


Excited for dinner.. once again!

Madison and Zoey getting some bonding time in


Madison missed her puppy so she cuddled with Zoey, This is the first time Zoey has let Madison get this close to her!

She's half Canadian ;)

Watching Dora with Grandma!

All smiles with Alyssa!

"Ok Mommy what is this little thing?"


 Madison grabbed Khloe's hand after awhile and starting "talking" to her.. we can already tell they will be great friends!
Me and the Munchkin!

Hanging out with Opa before Bedtime


Getting ready to spend the morning with Opa in his office


"WOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOO" 
Madison LOVES her jolly jumper! I however was very skeptical of the whole thing at first! 
Working on crawling.

All smiles

 Got to see Ryan score his first OHL playoff goal! He had an amazing game!

 Such a happy little girl.. I still cannot get over how much Madison smiles and laughs! 
Thanks for checking us out... :) xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment