Sunday, May 10, 2015

Mother's Day Weekend

Happy belated Mother's Day to all the mom's out there!
I hope you had a wonderful weekend and were spoiled by your spouses and little ones :)

Our weekend was a busy one, as usual! I was at Home Depot at the lovely hour of 6 am on Saturday morning to get the flowers for my mother in law's and the girl's godmother's gifts. I found a cute flower pot on pinterest that had children's foot prints on them as butterflies and I thought it was the cutest thing! We did the foot prints on Wednesday but I waited to plant to flowers. Everyone loved them!

Do you know who goes to Home Depot at 6 am on Saturday morning? Men doing their weekend projects and mom's who take every chance they can to run errands without their children. On the plus side I was home from Home Depot and Stop and Shop and coffee by 730 am and was ready to take on the day!

We spent the afternoon at a local varsity softball game and then headed over to my in-laws for our Mother's Day BBQ. It was a beautiful day filled with family and a special gift for Madison! Mike (Chris' brother) gave Madison her flower girl gift... a Barbie jeep! Madison was so excited and wanted to drive it home! 

Sunday was Mother's Day! Both girls actually slept by 7, which isn't normal in this house. They actually slept til 745! We started the day by heading over the local park for the Mother's Day 5k. I ran the same race last year, it was my first 5k ever so this year my goal was to beat my previous time (38:20) and I was also secretly hoping to place in the top 3 in my age group. 

It was so humid but I gave it my all! I did beat my previous time.. this years time was 33:25! The hills slowed me down but thats ok! I came 5th in my age group.. also fine! I am so happy with my improvement over the past year. I went from never running to running a 1/2 marathon and numerous 5k races! I am already looking forward to next weekend for The Running Goddess 5K!!!

After the race Madison and I headed for mani/pedi's followed by brunch at a local southern restaurant that we have all fallen in love with! 

It was the perfect Mother's Day!  I am so lucky to be a mom to the 2 most amazing little beauties (yes I am biased) in the world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment