Friday, September 19, 2014

26 things for 26 years

Over the years my feelings towards birthdays have changed ... As a child it was all about the party and presents and then it became about the party and now it's all about time with my family. I used to count down to my birthday starting September 1st .. Doesn't happen anymore. I used to think I should have a "birthday week" .. Not anymore. 

My 25th year was a fun, trying and wild ride. We found out we were expecting our second little one a few months before my birthday, we decided to sell our townhouse and move 25min north, we lived with my brother in law for 2 months during the move. We moved into a our new house when I was 32 weeks pregnant, we welcomed our second little lady into the world. So many amazing things happened... We are so lucky to have each other and our health.

I decided to set 26 goals for my 26th year! 

  1. Drink at least 5 glasses of water per day (I am horrible about drinking water)
  2. Paint our kitchen. 
  3. Run 2 half marathons.
  4. Drink only one cup of coffee per day.
  5. Do the 9+1 to qualify for the 2016 NYC marathon!
  6. Finish my personal training certification.
  7. Plan and go on a kid-free vacation for Chris and I to celebrate our 5th anniversary. 
  8. Keep kitchen counter clutter-free! 
  9. Cook dinner at least 4 times a week. 
  10. Buy a new fridge & Redo kitchen floor.
  11. Become active in church. 
  12. Prioritize monthly date night with Chris. 
  13. Pay off our SUV loan and buy a new car! 
  14. Teach Beth to crawl and walk!
  15. Teach Madison how to skate!
  16. Read 1 book a month .. I am open to suggestions.
  17. Lift heavy at twice once a week.
  18. Stick to a budget. 
  19. Make sure all my mascara is off before going to bed .. Black marks on pillows aren't pretty. 
  20. Eat clean 80% of the time. 
  21. Travel to a new place.
  22. Continue working out and getting into the best shape of my life.
  23. Spend more time working on letters and numbers with Madison. 
  24. Have a weekly movie night with Madison with our phones on do not disturb... Even if Chris is working.
  25. Put in a play structure in for the girls. 
  26. Make our bed every day, and teach Madison how to make hers. 
These goals are all over the over place, sorry for that! 

Check back in 6 months to see the progress!

Back to enjoying my tea before the girls wake up and we start our day. 

Xo's 

No comments:

Post a Comment