Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Hello there

Sorry I've been MIA for the past few weeks, I have been busy enjoying the last few days of summer before the craziness of work and school starts! As I sit at our table drinking my morning coffee and watching the buses go by I figured I should probably take the 10min of peace and update you all! 

This coming week will be our transition week.. Starting to get out of the slower more relaxed mornings of summer and into the extremely well planned time efficient mornings of fall! Since we now live 20 min from Madison's school (also my work and her camp) being able to get out of the house on time is crucial! Even being 2 min off could put us behind one of the many school buses on our road!

Madison starts school next Thursday so we have some time to work on the routine. The tough part is going to be adding the new stuff... Beth's breakfast! Last week we introduced solids into Beth's diet and so far she is loving it. She had only had oatmeal and squash so far but she's doing great! 

 
Along with that big change we are also getting ready to chase her around the house! She will be 6 months this coming weekend and she is rolling everywhere, and when on her back uses her feet to push herself around. Madison is already trying to teach her how to crawl!

We've had many adventures in the past week.. We went to the zoo for the first time as a family of 4. It wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be! The girls were great!

We went to the pool to celebrate Ryan's 2nd birthday!
And then we got to celebrate his birthday again at what Madison described as "the best birthday ever"... The truck that Ryan's aunt and uncle got him may have something to do with that!
Beth took last years birthday present for a spin.

I finally laced up my sneakers and ran another race. It was the "Labor on Labor Day 5k" in our old town! I was a little nervous as the course was hillier then anything I've done. I had a goal to set a new PB.. My previous was 38:07 so I was hoping for 36!  I was beyond shocked when I crossed the line at 32:07 (unofficial time- will update official when it's posted). 
My mother in law was nice enough to bring the girls and stand and cheer at the finish line in the gross humid weather!

As many of you know I am running a 10k and 1/2 marathon at Disney world in February... This is also known as the Glass Slipper Challenge.  You might also know I am running for an amazing charity called "Noah's Light Foundation". 
Since September is pediatric cancer awareness month and I am running for a pediatric cancer chartiy I hoping to raise the bulk of my funds this month!!

Please head to this link and make a donation! Any amount is great!! 

https://www.noahslightfoundation.org/donate/index.php/component/civicrm/?task=civicrm%2Fpcp%2Finfo&reset=1&id=426

Have a great week :)
Xo 

No comments:

Post a Comment