Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Snow day snacks & thoughts.

Somedays I feel like my day is one long drawn out scene from Family guy.. you know the one where Lois is laying in bed and Stewie is trying to get her attention by saying  "Lois, mom,mum. mommy, mama.." and she replies by yelling "WHAT!" only to have Stewie say "Hi" and run away.. well that is how my day feels.
We had our second snow day in 2 weeks yesterday and before I had kids I LOVED snow days! My brothers and I will spend the day skating in our backyard, building forts and snowmen and if we were really lucky some friends would make their way over to our house. Now as a parent I have to give my parents major props for dealing with all 3 of us on a snow day .. any day that matter that we couldn't leave the house because the roads were bad.
Madison is not quite old enough to bundle up and head outside alone yet, but I am already dreaming of that day. The day that I can sit and watch Madison and Elizabeth build forts, throw snowballs and go sledding.. all from the comfort and warmth of my house.
Don't get me wrong I love playing with my kids and I would do anything for them, but when you can't even go to the bathroom without someone knocking on the door or someone yelling "Mom, Beth is in Bailey's water" ; you need a break!

 Our snow days were spent playing play dough, reading books, keeping Beth away from Bailey's water dish, watching Madison practice ballet and laundry, lots of laundry.
Chris was working.. BOTH snow days.. so he misses out on the fun ;)

Yesterday I decided it was time to shake things up in Madison's room! Please excuse the mess in the before photo as my daughter didn't want to clean her room up after 2 hours of quiet play!
I decided to move things around to give her a little more space to play and a little more organization. 
The white shelving piece you see in the bottom left corner is now where her bed USED to be .. and filled with books and a few baskets of toys!
Over all we are happy with the results.. now to think of some fun things to put on her gallery wall above the white shelving unit!
 Finding snacks for Madison is always tough, she is a cookies and Pirate Booty kinda girl.. but she is now on a low fructose diet (fructose intolerant) so snack time is going to get fun. I feel like if I say it's going to be fun it will keep me from stressing over what she can have!
So far her (and my) favorite snack are these adorable peanut butter banana bites! I found them on 
 Katherine Snead's Instagram (if you don't follow her .. you should!). She makes them for her active pre teens so I figured I would give them a shot and they didn't disappoint.
Next time I'm bringing out the Nutella!

All the photos in this post are from my Instagram feel free to check it out and follow! I'm giving you fair warning it's alot of photos of my family :)

As always I'm throwing in a friendly reminder that I am running in the Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend in a little over 2 weeks (YIKES!)! I am still working hard to collect donations for the charity I am running for - Noahs Light Foundation. Please click the link below and help me raise money to find a cure for pediatric cancer.



No comments:

Post a Comment