Monday, January 6, 2014

30 weeks .. 10 to go!!!

How far along are you? 30 weeks .. Already???
Total weight gain: 18lbs.. Will find out again at docs next week. Probably put on holiday weight 
Maternity clothes? Yes.
Stretch marks?  Just what's left over from Madison 
Sleep: you mean that thing when you close your eyes and shut down for 8hrs? .. Doesn't happen 
Best moment this week: realizing that this YEAR we will become a family of 4
Miss Anything? My non maternity clothes, hot chocolate with baileys ... Don't judge me 
Movement: lots and I love it all 
Food cravings: vanilla lattes 
Anything making you queasy or sick: when I'm hungry I get nauseous
Gender predictions: I'm stuck on boy.. Chris is thinking girl  Madison changes her answer daily 
Labor Signs: no .. I'm good for another 7-10 weeks thank you
Belly Button in or out? In .. Never popped with Madison.
Wedding rings on or off? on.
Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy 
Looking forward to: getting back to our routine

So the past 2 weeks went by so fast, a little to fast for my liking. Between all the family visits and holidays and parties I feel like I didn't get a real break! I think Madison feels the opposite as she was asking, no, begging to go back to school. She really does Elmwood.. It's hard NOT to love it! She woke up everyday the last week asking if it was Monday for school. 
This morning the first thing she said to me was "mommy it's Monday I go to school. YAY" and then she proceeded to dance around the room. 
She has been coming out with some pretty awesome quotes lately, the other day she was crying because "my toes stuck to my feet". I love her so much more each day and seeing her learn new things amazes me all the time!!!
She is becoming very dramatic and when it's not towards you it's pretty funny, she likes to throw her hands up in the air and say "oh (insert name here)" whenever someone says no to her. She also throes her head into her hands when she is scared, or thinks she getting in trouble. She also got into real trouble for the first time ... I was a little shocked and not sure how to handle myself or the situation as I was expecting to have to discipline her already.. And I was for sure NOT ready to be slapped across the face for telling her no. So welcome to a new stage of parenting I guess!


As for a house update ... We are waiting for the call this week telling us we can close as the survey is complete!!!! We are really hoping to close the 15-17. Chris has vacation starting the 25th so it will be nice to have the main renovation done.. Wall down and also paint and back splash done so while on vacation he can spend time unpacking and putting our lives back together! Also if those big things are done before he's on vacation then he can rest a little;) 
Rest is going to become a priority in the next few weeks for all of us. 10 weeks or so and our lives are going to be flipped upside down! Chris worked a lot last week and stayed at the firehouse because of the storm so it was so nice on Saturday he made me, yes made me, go get a manicure. I always feel guilty about taking time to myself but sometimes I need that push. The gym time USED  to be my me time so once I'm cleared to work out that time will come back to me!!


Hopefully in the next few days I will be able to tell you all we've set our closing date and I can order our change of address announcements.

Xo's


No comments:

Post a Comment