Sunday, February 2, 2014

41 days to go!

I still can't believe we are 6 weeks, 41 days, 997 hours away from our due date!
How far along are you?: 34 weeks 
Total weight gain: 18.. yes I lost 2lbs 
Maternity clothes? Yes.
Stretch marks?  nothing new 
Sleep: I would love to know what that is! I feel like I am going to crash at any time
Best moment this week: Finding out the baby is still healthy
Miss Anything? sleep and lots of it!
Movement: yes! 
Food cravings: nothing really.. trying to eat as healthy as I can so I am ready for when this baby comes to get back to eating well!
Anything making you queasy or sick: alot!! .. I feel like morning sickness is coming back.
Gender predictions: I'm still thinking boy
Labor Signs: yes.. more on that below!
Belly Button in or out? In .. Never popped with Madison.
Wedding rings on or off? on.

Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy 
Looking forward to: 2 ultrasounds this week to check the growth of our little one!

This week was CRAZY!!! Chris went to his drill with the fire dept in town on Monday and I don't think this baby was to happy about it!
Long story short.. we thought my water broke. It was the weirdest experience ever. I know your probably thinking "you think it broke?", Yes we THOUGHT it broke. I know for a fact I didn't pee my pants! So Chris came home quickly from the firehouse and we headed to the hospital. Luckily 2 of the guys from the fire dept came to hang out at the house until Chris' parents got here to get Madison. One of the guys actually worked with Chris dad and currently works in another dept with Chris brother Mike, so we knew our sleeping beauty was in good hands!
Once we got to the hospital they hooked me up to all the machines and started monitoring me for contractions and fetal movement. They did some tests.. 1 was positive for amniotic fluid and the 2nd was negative so we were hanging out waiting to see if I would have another "gush" to confirm. But nothing happened!! So we spent the night in labor room 6.. Madison was born in 7 :) 
I fell asleep pretty fast but had to be woken up every 2 hours to have my temperature taken as a precaution incase my water did break we didn't want there to be an infection! 
During all this I had some pretty intense contractions BUT I slept right through them! Chris and the nurse were both really shocked. I guess this time around I have a higher tolerance for pain.. although Chris would debate that!
At 830 in the morning my regular doc came into check on me and said I probably have a high leak and I could go home! There was no promising it wouldn't happen again that day or any day for that matter but both baby and I are healthy and there is enough fluid so I could head home and continue going in 2 times a week to monitor the fluid and blood flow!
It was a great test run as to what we would do if something happened!

Lucky us, we get to visit the docs later today for our 34 week check :)


We got so much done on the house this week.. if you want to check out some of our progress head on over to Half A Mile Up our new house blog!!!

This weekend we had yet another birthday party to attend! This one was for a little boy in Madison's class. He had his party at a massive athletic facility called House Of Sports! To say Madison had fun is an understatement!
She ran around non stop for 1hr and then proceeded to "nap" on the turf!


We got lucky the weather was nice on Saturday night.. Chris had a hockey game on the outdoor rink! Usually when he plays his games are at 1030 at night so Madison and I never get to go! But this one was a special one at 830, still a little past her bed time but it was a special thing!
We bundled up and headed to the rink! We only stayed for the 1st period as it was still a 30min drive home so we didn't get home until 930 which was a late enough bed time for our little lady!

She was so happy to see her daddy play hockey! She was cheering for him and saying "go team!", she also enjoyed stomping on clumps of snow!


All in all we had a great busy week/ weekend!
Hope you all had a GREAT weekend and have an awesome week.. Ours is starting out with a Snow Day!!

xo's

No comments:

Post a Comment