Thursday, February 13, 2014

We all scream for snow cream...

For the past few days people have been asking me "What is snow cream" or saying "Must be a Canadian thing" so I figured on this snowy snow day I should do a post about this delicious homemade treat :)
First off let me say this is NOT a Canadian treat... A Canadian thing is warming up maple syrup and pouring it over snow to make a taffy like snack, and YES I fully intend to make this with Madison!

I did however make this one year in school I don't remember what grade or why but all this snow gave me the sudden urge to look up a recipe!

When we woke up this morning we put our "snow bowl" out on the front steps and waited for it to fill up!

This is the best one I found


Please excuse the messy hair.



    1 cup half and half or milk
    1/3 to 1/2 cup granulated sugar (adjust to your taste)
    1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
    4 to 6 cups clean, freshly fallen snow
The final product should be put in the freezer for 5 min just to get the ice cream texture back after adding the half and half!
Ours is sitting in the freezer a little longer as we are waiting until after Madison's nap to add some hot fudge and sprinkles to our snow cream!

If you have kids or are a kid yourself I highly recommend making this yummy treat!



No comments:

Post a Comment