Monday, November 10, 2014

DIY Photo Coasters

If you follow me on Instagram (kimmurray36) or are my friend on Facebook chances are you saw this photo of the DIY Photo Coasters I made on Sunday night. 
I've had some people ask how I made them so I thought I would so a quick tutorial!

1. Modge Podge- matte
2. Scotch - self stick felt pads
3. Modge Podge- dimensional magic 
4. Glossy White 4 1/2in x 4 1/2in tile (can be any color you want)

Step One
Cut the photo to the size you want.

Step Two
Cover the back of the photo in a thin layer of Modge Podge. You can use a brush or sponge. I used a sponge because I didn't want pieces of the brush to come off. 

Step Three
Put your photo on the tile where you want it. Using the same brush or sponge cover the tile and photo in Modge Podge in an even layer.

Step Four
Once the Modge Podge has dried apply a thin even layer of the dimensional magic on top. This a very shiny product that I think finishes the coaster off nicely, because of the shine you should make sure you have nice even brush strokes. Let dry for 3+ hours.

Apply the felt pads to each corner on the back and voila! It's finished and you have a perfect personal gift! 
(Finished product is from the first set I made- the one used in this post is still drying :))

Good luck!
If you have a chance to create these beautiful coasters tag me in a pic! I would love to see!

No comments:

Post a Comment