Tuesday, December 10, 2013

"Santa where are you?"

Those were Madison's words when getting to the mall yesterday to see Santa! Her excitement gave me a little hope that the day I had been dreading wouldn't be so bad. We originally went to see the man in red on Sunday .. But upon getting to the mall and seeing the 1.5hr line we decided it wasn't the day! Then I discovered you could make an appointment, so I quickly jumped on my phone and made our appointment for Monday night! I did feel a little bad that we got to skip the line but then again we were those people many times. So just a little advice ... Look and see if your Santa takes appointments!.
I took Madison by myself so I was a little nervous about her or I having a meltdown during this experience BUT to my surprise and most of our family members ... Madison nailed it!!! 
She sat on his lap and proceeded to tell Santa "I'm a ballerina". Not once did she cry or act like she was afraid.  All in all it was an awesome night! I even scored an amazing deal on crib sheets for the baby at Pottery Barn :)
Madison has the funny "pirate face" as we like to call it with the crooked eye and forced smile, we ended up purchasing the top one I posted where is a just looking at the camera.
Next year will be a whole new experience with 2 of them.. One thing is for sure I will be making an appointment!!!

Today we are lucky to have a snow day!! It is Madison's first snow day (she doesn't go to school on Tuesdays but I'm still counting it and it's my first snow day as a substitute and school employee...I get the whole day to spend with my little family. I never thought of this little perk when I took the job!   

Off to bake some Andes Candies Cookies while we wait for Chris to get home from work. We've got lots to do today... Play in the snow, attempt to build Madison's first snowman and decorate our tree! Check back tomorrow for a post all about the snow!

Hope your having a great week!
Xo

No comments:

Post a Comment