Tuesday, June 24, 2014

The full weekend round up

Happy Tuesday, 
Sorry folks, I know I said I would have this post ready for yesterday but life got the in the way so here we go!

Our original plan was to leave between 7 and 8 on Thursday morning so we could stop and spend some time at the Mystic Seaport BUT after thinking about it Chris and I both thought it would be better to just get to Gloucester and get to the beach!
I think Madison was happy with our decision.
 Pj and the Elmwood camp girls got an earlier start on the day and had about an hour of beach time before we got there, Madison was very excited to see uncle Pj, but she was more excited when Pop got there about 30min after us! 

My little fish.
Here are a few photos from our first beach day before we headed to the rehearsal dinner. 

 The rehearsal dinner was held in the Harbor at Pier 7, to say it was delicious is an understatement!
I for the first time in probably 20 years, ate a lobster.. and I am now begging Chris to cook one! They had some yummy corn on the cob, which seemed to be Madison's favorite thing aside from the cupcakes!
Madison and Ryan

Madison and Colleen - Kate's sister/ Maid of honor

Madison and her beautiful Godmother & Bride to be.

It was tough to get pics at the dinner as we were very busy enjoying the sunset and meeting Nate's family and hearing all the interesting stuff about Gloucester.
If you recognize the name Gloucester, it may be from the TV show Wicked Tuna or the movie/book "The Perfect Storm".

The day of the wedding we went for what I am willing to call "the best breakfast I have ever had" at Sugar Mags. I ordered an omelet expecting a normal 3 egg omelet with bacon, smoked mozzarella and spinach BOY WAS I WRONG!! I am willing to bet there was 8 eggs in that omelet, it was HUGE!

I ate maybe 1/4 of it and took the rest with me! Madison ate the pancakes and Chris had the "Greasy Pole" which consisted of pancakes, french toast, eggs and every other breakfast item you can think of!

After breakfast we headed back to the hotel and hit the beach! Our goal was to exhaust the kids, mainly Madison, so that come wedding time she was happy and ready to go!

Madison and Ryan


A seagull with a crab.. Madison thought this was hilarious!



Like I said the other day, I don't have any of the professional pics of Madison walking down the aisle or that Many from the reception, we were a little busy dancing! I was able to get this shot of Madison giving Uncle Nate her flowers!

In the middle of the ceremony Madison told me "Aunt Kate's a princess", and looking at the pictures I think you would agree Kate looked like a princess!

The first dance

Madison and Chris dancing.
The next day we were out and at the beach by 830am! 
Chris, Mike, Packy & Matt were out of the hotel at 415 to go Tuna fishing, so I jumped up to snap a picture of the sunrise! 


We spent all day at the beach! We finally headed back up the rooms around 1 before we went into Rockport to see all the shops!


Lindsay was nice and built a "pool" for the kids to play in!





 The beach at our hotel! It was gorgeous!
We woke up Sunday morning and hit the road!
We had a great mini vacation and are already planning to visit Gloucester again!

xo's

No comments:

Post a Comment